Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chitthi aai hai...

A good time span has passed for this, i.e. it’s a long time for me to receive a letter from someone. In today’s age of technology change taking place rapidly, all n mostly the young generation is preferring, rather only uses e-mails, sms, mobiles, n even web cam to talk or convey their feelings n messages.

I still remember my school days when we were taught the method of writing letters, not only that but also the various types n contents that should be included in the letter. The questions asked in the exam about writing a letter. There used to be always 2 options, either to write a formal one, like to the principal or an officer or to write an informal one i.e. to your brother, sis, uncle, aunt, n sometimes even to mom or papa. I always used to go for the formal one, as I always felt it easier to write as compared to the informal one. Now I understand the reason, firstly whenever I think of writing an informal letter, especially to those who are very close to us, the format n the wordings automatically come to my mind, but in my mother tongue. I have always felt comfortable with marathi while expressing my feelings, though I’m perfect n easy with English too. The other reason was that, it is easy to write a formal letter as you don’t have to express your feelings rather you have to impress others feelings n thoughts. This is the basic n foremost difference which makes formal easier than informal, where you have to express yourself n not just that but in such a way that the reader should feel exactly the same way with which you have written it.

I agree that letters now-a-days are just used for official correspondence, the reason being the uncertainness of the letter reaching in time n to some extent our postal department is also responsible for that. In comparison to this mail reaches instantly n we can write it as long n as we please the way to write. Still, no matter how you write, the feelings, emotions n eagerness lacks in them, which is there in the letters. The reason for this is that, a letter is handwritten which proves that whatever is written is by the heart, whereas emails are after all electronic. So you will agree, that an e-greeting though gives the happiness n conveys ones feelings, but a greeting or even a four line letter makes more impact n is more dear to us.

Therefore I always deeply believe, that no matter to what extent the technology enhances, Letters will never die…………I would say, as the technology is improving, it is increasing the importance of letters, handwritten letters.

Tabhi to, Lovers aaj bhi e-mails n e-technology sab chod ke Love-Letters hi likhte hai…………

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home