Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yugandhar!!!

Shri Krishna! From last 5000 years who is ruling the expressed n unexpressed feelings of all the Indians – A Yugpurush!

I recently finished reading this novel “Yugandhar” by Shivaji Sawant the 6th time. But each time I read it, I get a totally new meaning from the same lines n words which I have read twice before. Well, you’ll say that I must have mugged up the atleast 3/4th of the novel uptill now, n that is true! But still when I take it in my hands, I automatically get eager to read it once again, to know whether there is some more of the Krishna which I have not yet understood even after reading so many times. The way that Shivaji Sawant has presented each n every, known n unknown incident of Shri Krishna’s life makes one to believe that he was a Yugpurush.

Due to the nature of adapting what the forefathers have said, done n believed n great amount of illlitracy, specially in the rural areas we have made Shri Krishna one of the Gods. Without even looking at all the stories through a different angle, told n known about him, we have made him one who should be worshipped. Whereas if one looks practically n strategically at each of his thoughts, moves n deeds, we’ll understand that he is not only to be worshiped, but everything he has done n said is to be learned n implemented.

The various characters he played,
- the Kanha who used to steal Makhan from all the houses in Gokul his motive behind this being that, each n every house in the Gokul was his own, the lesson of My Country is my Home
- the Kanhayya who played with the Gopis n also teased them but was still their loved one, n the one who gave a totally new meaning to the relationship of a man n a woman with the help of Radha
- the Krishna who killed Kans the symbol of terrorism n cruelness n freed all the Yadavas
- the Murlidhar who made the whole world mad due to his Murli n taught the importance of music.
- the Krishna who studied at the Gurukul n obeyed his Guru teaching the importance of education n the Guru in every persons life
- the Vasudev who ruled his kingdom n gave the example of an ideal leadership
- the Keshav who gave a new meaning n importance to the sister-brother relationship n also to the husband-wife relationship
- the Achyut who fought for the Pandavas representing the side of truth n justice n against the Kauravas representing Asatya
- the Shri Krishna who was responsible for the famous Mahabharat yudh, which proved the win of Justice over Injustice, who helped many people to attain Moksh
- the Yugpurush who made the Yug that he lived a History!

He Preached so many examples n teachings by first following it himself, the importance of Mother, Friend, Lover, Husband, Brother, King, each n every role played by a human being in his life. Such a different meaning of every small thing!

The most important n one which will be useful to every human being till they persist is The BagvadGita! The thoughts that are applicable, no matter how n to what extent the world n people change.

He is the only one who is considered more as a friend than as a God. The Morpankh got a very different meaning due to him n is dear to all.

Well, I’ll never stop writing n describing him as he himself has so much in him. But the most he is known for is the meaning he gave to Love, the eternal truth!

!!Shri Krishna-Arpan-Namastu!!

24 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi.. Vaidehi..

Yugandhar is really an epical book which really transforms one's life. I'm an living example of the same.
Righteously said.. SHRI KRISHNAYH ARPANAMASTU..

Rgds, Sudarshan

8:20 pm  
Blogger Dhananjay said...

Hi,
I am looking for gujarati version of Yugandhar by Shivaji Sawant. I know Hindi and a bit of Marathi but I want to read it in Gujarati.

I approached few shops but dont even come to know if its yet translated into Guj.

Can you please atleast send me publisher details of marathi version. I want that book desperately.

Good to see that you liked the book very much.

Regards,
Dhananjay
dgoyani@gmail.com

1:34 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi videhi
right now I m reading yugandhar.......I like style of shivaji sawant's writing style

1:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi...
Vaidehi..

i want to read this book very eagerly as i heard many good comments about this book from my friends. Thanx for sharing your veiw about this book as i can read this book in different veiw now.

Regards
Seema
seem_vinod@yahoo.com

12:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, same thing i experienced about YUGANDHAR, and I am surprised to read the thoughts you explain here about SHREEKRISHNA because these are identical to what I think about him.

7:26 pm  
Blogger NV said...

Can some one tell me where I can obtain an English Translation of Yugandhar? I have read Shivaji Savant's other book and am very keen on getting this.

Anyone who can help me can you please email me at hiramanan@gmail.com.

Thank you vey much.

NVRamanan

9:03 pm  
Blogger TheShocker said...

does anuone know where will i get soft copy of YUgandhar.Since I m in USA I its not possible to get hard copy here..so can anyone suggest me where will i get soft copy of this book???

3:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Vaidehi,
I have just one time go through Yugandhar book,it is speech less.The different rupas of lord Krishna you have described that were speechless.
Om namo bhagavate vasudevay!
Regards,
Leena

10:19 am  
Blogger songokuabhi said...

Please good people out there,

kindly help

Someone please tell me how to get a free softcopy(pdf) of YUGANDHAR and MRITYUNJAY, both by SHIVAJI SAVANT in HINDI or in ENGLISH.

My humblest of requests, kindly reply to songokuabhi@gmail.com.

For all those people out there, I also recommend BHIMSEN, by PREM PANICKER. Its a translation from the MALAYALAM 'RANDAMOOZHAM' meaning 'SECOND TURN'.

ACHYUTAM KESHAVAM RAMA NARAYANAM,
KRISHNA DAMODARAM VASUDEVAM HARIM,
SHRIDHARAM MADHAVAM GOPIKA VALLABHAM,
JANAKI NAYAKAM RAMACHANDRAM BHAJE.

SHRI KRISHNA ARPANAM ASTU

4:02 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to know (like many others) whether english version of "Yugandhar" is available ?
Read "Mrityunjay" and it moved me to tears.
Great times and great people. We don't possess even 1/millionth of their qualities.
Please help me with "Yugandhar" quest.
Regards,
Gayatri

10:19 pm  
Blogger NV said...

Me too please! I am on the same quest!
NV

10:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sivaji Kaka,

Tumcha "Yugandhar" anubhawala, kititri prashna padle hote tya saryanchi uttare milali.

Pratyakshat mazya samor nastanahi ya "Yugandharane" mala sare kahi samjaun sangitle.

Jiwnachya asha walnawar hote ki sare kahi sampvun takave asa watat hote inkyat "SHREE KRISHNA" samor ubha rahila tumchya "Yugandharachya" rupat ani tyanech itheparyant calwat aanle ani mazya ayushyala ek navin walan milale.
thank you so much

II SHREE KRUSHNAN ARPANAM ASTU II

ASHWINI MHAPANKAR.

1:58 pm  
Blogger Prasmit said...

Hi ashwini,

its Prasmit from pune...
i want to read YUGANDHAR n m trying from past 6 months to have that book..bt i m not getting it anywhere..

pls reply and tell me whr can i hv tht...
mala mahit aahe tu saangshil..pls help me...

my mail id is prasmitapansare@gmail.com

11:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

please can tell us who translated book in telugu.my mail id is shobhap2@gmail.com

11:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,
I want ti buy a marathi copy of yugandhar, someone please help me & give me the link....my id is s_karelia@rediffmail.com

Regards,
Suvarna

6:29 pm  
Blogger Hemant said...

It is possible to get english edition of " Yugandhar "
Please let me know on hemantfirke@yahoo.com

12:18 pm  
Blogger Ramesh Bang said...

hi vaidehi,

Shri Krishn Sharnam mamah:

I consider myself fortunate to read this great book epical twice.

My thinking have changed and it is having more depth and meaning due to reading.

Rgds, Ramesh

6:14 pm  
Blogger vesit_pradeep said...

Hi all,
Can someone please share where can i order this book in English. I have been searching for this book since 1 year now.

I can be reached at vesit_pradeep@yahoo.co.in ;
Pjogadia@gmail.com

Thanks guys.

9:10 pm  
Blogger sushi said...

Hi I m eager to get English edition of yugandhar. I have read mrityunjay , it is the best book I have ever read, very touching..
If help me in my quest for yugandhar.
Please mail me at sushi_rad@yahoo.co.in. Thanks.

4:01 pm  
Blogger Nilesh Devikar said...

hello I am eager to read mrityunjay in marathi...could i request you to please email it to me on devikar.nilesh@gmail.com

10:37 pm  
Blogger Nilesh Devikar said...

hello I am eager to read mrityunjay in marathi...could i request you to please email it to me on devikar.nilesh@gmail.com

10:41 pm  
Blogger Nilesh Devikar said...

hello I am eager to read mrityunjay in marathi...could i request you to please email it to me on devikar.nilesh@gmail.com

10:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been looking for the English or Hindi version of Yugandhar for quiet some time. Could anyone help me by telling frim where it could be procured .
My mobile no. Is +919729988999 and email id is : sharma.kulyash@yahoo.com

7:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can some one please send me pdf ? Please send me at aashishrk88@gmail.com

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home